Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crazy for the Cougars

When Brandon's friend offered us tickets to yesterday's BYU football game we quickly accepted. We got enough tickets to also cover Brylie so we decided to make it a family event. This was the first football game we have gone to with both kids and with no other adults to help with the kids. I'm glad we had the experience and Brylie finally got to see the marching band. Beckam wasn't to thrilled with the small space he had to move around, so I ended up taking him out to walk around right after the 1st quarter. Brandon came out a couple of minutes later and we discovered the trick to keeping Beckam happy...ice cream!! We've never given it to him before and boy was I happy when it kept him happy.


We stuck it out to the beginning of the third quarter and left when Brylie announced she wanted to go home. My sisters were leaving at the same time so we were able to meet up for a few minutes. I'm so happy to have both of them at BYU this year.


In hindsight I now realize how crazy we were to think we could take the kids to a game by ourselves and expect to watch it. But hey, you do crazy things to see the team you love play in person. And Brylie learned the end of the fight song perfectly and now goes around the house cheering for BYU all the time. It's music to my ears!! (And just for fun, see what a difference a year makes?)

2 comments:

Kat said...

You are sooooooo brave!!!

Deanne said...

Go Cougars! I'm impressed you attempted the family outing, and it looks like everyone had fun.