On Saturday we had a birthday party for Brylie. For some reason her birthday creeped up on my this year, so rather then put a party off until next year (like I should have done) I thought it would be fun to pull everything together in two weeks. I'm so thankful for friends and family who let a phone invite suffice until the real invites could get out. Well after much debate and conversation, Brylie decided on a Little Mermaid/Under the Sea party. The invites were little bottles with sand, sea shells and the invitations in them. We had the party in our backyard/common area. On of my favorite things about our town house is our back area. This is the fourth or fifth family thing we've had back there. I decorated with a little bit of Little Mermaid stuff and a lot of blue and fish themed stuff. We had boys at the party to, so I didn't want to have it completely pink and Little Mermaid.
We also had a bubble machine going (kind of happy when the bubbles ran out), play-doh table, sandbox area, some balls hanging around, a pinata, and rented a bounce house. The kids were entertained and the adults just got to sit back and watch.
I will say I am so thankful for generous family and friends, a sister-in-law who makes an awesome Chinese chicken salad, a bounce house to corral the kids in, an Exersaucer, Little Caesar's pizza, another sister-in-law who made us dinner for some cheap labor (I really didn't want to have to do anything for dinner after cleaning up from the party) and a husband who humors me and just goes along with my whims. Brylie had a blast at her party and after it was done when asked if she had fun said "It was fun, but now it's over". Thanks everyone who came to our little party and helped make Brylie's birthday so special.

She's already planning for her next one. I'll just wait to clue her in that it's not going to involve a big party. I can only do one of these every other year.










1 comment:
Looks like you guys had SO much fun! I'm still sad we couldn't make it.
Happy 3rd Birthday Brylie!
You are such a BIG GIRL!
Post a Comment