Sunday, May 4, 2008

Three

My little girl has turned three. If you ask her she says she is a big girl. Brylie started the day by waking up sooo early. Brandon was able to coax her to lay in our bead for a little while, so Brandon and I got a little more sleep. When we couldn't hold her back any longer, we headed downstairs for presents. Well this big girl only wanted a dollhouse for her birthday, so that's what she got with a ton of furniture.
I was happy we opened presents in the morning because she played with her new dollhouse for the rest of the day. She arranged and rearranged rooms, played with the pet dogs that came with it, and took the family different places. When Beckam took a nap, I joined in the fun. (We can't let Beckam anywhere near the dollhouse due to his already pushing it over and dumping everything out.) And Brylie eagerly asked anyone that came over if they wanted to see her new dollhouse. After Brandon got home and some outside play time, we had Brylie's choice of Wendy's for dinner and birthday cake.
Brylie went to bed a happy girl and ready for her party the next day. Turning three seems to be some right of passage to her. She states now gets to go to school, play with friends, and do everything herself. On her birthday I told her she needed to get dressed but to wait for me to help her pick out clothes. She quickly stated rather forcefully, "I'll do it all myself" and she did. She now lets herself outside, she doesn't need to wait for mom anymore. She gets her own snacks, she is after all a big girl. This little girl (I may always view her this way) made me a mom three years ago. Where has is gone? In the early days of her existence when we were struggling to figure each other out and a workable schedule, I didn't quite believe those that said it goes by so fast, but now I am a true believer. I don't know where the last three years have gone. Brylie is so independent yet still needs my attention and validation. She says the funniest things and gives great attitude yet is ready with a kind comment when needed. She has a kind and sensitive personality and constantly hands out I Love You cards (whatever creation she has made that day). I love this sweet girl of mine and will take every day as it comes because it all does go by so fast. Happy Birthday Brylie!!

Some three year stats for Brylie -- (After her doctors appointment I'll post those stats)

Likes: dollhouse, Disney princesses, dress up, digging in her new sand area, baths, playing with friends, dancing in her own way, playing outside with anyone, looking at books, shopping, and playing on the computer.

Dislikes: being told no, Beckam getting in her stuff, going to bed

Favorite foods: french fries, chicken nuggets, apples, orange juice, cereal, celery, carrot sticks, lettuce, ranch dressing, fried rice, mixed veggies, marshmallows, frosting, fruit snacks, bread, cheese, chips, scrabbled eggs, hash browns and almost whatever candy she can get her hands on.

Foods not so fond of: meat, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, milk (we're still working on this one) and beans.

No comments: