Sunday, January 27, 2008
Such Sweet Sorrow
I knew this day would come and in a way I was dreading it and in another I was hoping for it. Dear President Hinkley died tonight at 7:00 pm. He has been the president of the church for almost half of my life. I don't know how to put in words my feelings and admiration for this man. I am so happy that he has been reunited with his dear wife who I know he missed, but am so sad for what this world has lost. For the last couple of hours we have been listening to people share their memories of President Hinkley and it has been great to hear the many nice things people have had to say. I would like to add one of my favorite memories. At my college graduation his wife, Marjorie, was receiving an honorary doctorate. President Hinkley gave a little introduction and introduced himself as Sister Hinkley's husband. He let us know in his great quiet way, that he was not there as President Hinkley, he was there to support his wife in the honor she was receiving. I unfortunately don't remember much else that was said that day, but I know I will forever remember that and the example he set in so many aspects of his life especially the relationship he had with his wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment