Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hip Hip Horray!!

For all of you that have older children you know what a struggle (or as for me a power struggle) potty training can be. I should have learned by now that Brylie will do things when she wants to do them and can't be hurried. But, I was tired of the diaper thing with her so I started trying to potty train her at the beginning of January. For the first couple of weeks she would have nothing to do with it. She understood the concept, but didn't want to be bothered. I of course pushed the subject. I offered her treats, bribed her with dance class and anything else I could think of. None of my offers swayed her. Then one night after a particularly rough day of potty training, she decided she wanted to use the toilet. That was two weeks ago and from that point on she has been a potty using pro!! I am so happy and Brylie sure is proud of herself. Way to go Brylie. She of course remembers everything I offered so keep posted for posts about dance class.

1 comment:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That's so exciting! Way to go Brylie!