Wednesday, January 9, 2008
In Quarantine - Enter at your own risk!
I just finished reading a family members post titled Breathing Again and I wish with all of my being I could say the same. Our house is in a bit of turmoil right now. Having two sick kids at the same time is not fun and more draining then I could ever imagine. The day after Beckam's four month check both of the kids developed a cough. I thought it was just a cold, but because Beckam's wasn't sounding that great we took him to the doctor's on Saturday. Everything seemed just to be a normal cold with both of the kids. But then Sunday and worse on Monday, Beckam was inconsolable and wouldn't eat. We took him back to the doctor's on Monday and he had double ear infections and bronciolitis (or so we thought). Brylie still seemed like everything was fine. That night after filling three prescriptions and getting the medication in him, Beckam was coughing so hard that he threw up twice. We'll we took him to Primary Children's ER and he was diagnosed with RSV. After getting home at 2 in the morning and a few hours of sleep, Brandon's mom Jill took Brylie for the day so I could concentrate on Beckam. Well Brylie came home not feeling to hot and by six o'clock last night was complaining that her ear was hurting. We tried to give her Tylenol but that didn't seem to touch it, so Brandon took her to urgent care. She came home with a diagnosis of an ear infection and bacterial pneumonia. Needless to say we've had fun at our house today. I do want to say thanks to everyone for their concern and for the offers of helping, but my warning to you is I have two contagious sicknesses in my house right now, so enter at your own risk. And on top of the sicknesses you'd have to try and maneuver around the Christmas stuff that is still out and everything else that has been dragged out in the last week. You do what you can to make your sick kids feel as good as they can and everything else falls by the way side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's horrible! As if having 1 sick kid isn't bad enough! Guess we won't be getting together to play anytime soon (bummer). Hopefully the kiddo's get better & you & Brandon don't get sick too! Keep us posted on how the kids are!
I'm so sorry! I hope your household gets well very soon.
Yeah, I guess you all are more trying to hold your breath rather than breathe. I'm so sorry, that is horrible. Nothing is worse that sick kids. I hope they get to feeling better soon and you can start breathing again. Thinking of you guys!
Post a Comment