Friday, February 27, 2009

Lesson Learned # 47,836

(My Party Planners)
This morning I left the kids alone downstairs for a bit and after a couple of minutes Brylie yelled upstairs that they (her and Beckam) were getting a birthday party ready for me. A couple minutes later she yelled to not come downstairs because they were still getting the party ready. I honestly thought nothing of it and thought it was a cute idea. I had no idea what they were using for "decorations" but I figured it must be paper Brylie had already colored on or pictures from a coloring book. When I was ready to go downstairs Brylie told me to close my eyes so I would be surprised. I told her it wasn't safe to walk downstairs with your eyes closed but I would close them before I saw anything. As I rounded the landing of the stairs I didn't get a chance to close my eyes before I got my first peek at what the decorations were made of. The decorations were courtesy of...
This is a pattern I was planning on using to make Brylie a dress. As I looked around my decorated kitchen and family room all I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh and tell Brylie that for the next party lets leave Mommy's stuff alone.
Lesson Learned: No matter how many times the kids have left stuff alone, or how deeply you have something buried in a pile, the kids will find the one thing you wish they wouldn't and find a way to have fun with it that is often destructive. But hey, at least I got a party out of it.

4 comments:

shawna said...

she seriously sounds like a such a sweetheart! I hope your party was a blast! And you will remember that dress much longer this way than you would have if you had the chance to make it.

Kat said...

I LOVE IT!!! Brylie is soooo creative, she may grow up to be quite the party planner.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

HA HA HA HA!! The pictures make it - it was funny when you told me on the phone yesterday but so much funnier now that I see the pics! Thanks for spending the day with us yesterday, it was a blast!

Katie said...

This is too funnY!!