Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't Recommend



In this time of resolutions and possibly wanting to lose a few pounds, if you were planning on using the flu (just regular not stomach) to help with the weight lose plan I say DON'T! I went through five days of the flu a little over a week ago and despite having no appetite and eating next to nothing, much to my dismay I lost no weight. I think if you go through all the mess of being so sick you should at least have a few less pounds on your body to show for it. Also having the flu as a mom can only be accomplished if the following are in order:

1. Kids entertain themselves and let you lie around for the one day you have to have them by yourself.

2. Hand sanitizer located strategically around the house with your three year old joining in with putting it all over her hands and arms when possible and even when you don't know.

3. A comfy chair that only you fit in so kids can't come and cuddle by your germy self

4. Family who is willing to watch your kids for a couple of hours

5. The most awesome husband ever (for a nominal fee I'll consider renting you mine) who on his day off during the week takes care of the kids so you can sleep all day, runs to the store twice in an hour to get you medicine, who takes the kids as soon as he walks through the door from his busy work day and waits on you hand and foot, who takes the kids all day Saturday so you can sleep again, and doesn't complain once about all of this or vocally express how he wants you to get better so he can have his life back. (I love, love, love my husband!!!)

Thank goodness it's all over now and with getting sick twice in January I'm hoping I'm done for the winter. Also, catching up from being out of it has proved to be quite the challenge!! I hope to get everything back on track soon. Well maybe after I conquer all the fun of Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Kat said...

can I borrow Brandon for the next 8 months? You are soooooo lucky!!