Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thankful Day

Yesterday I had a pretty trying time with both of my kids. Brylie and I just couldn't manage to see eye to eye on anything and Beckam seemed to need extra attention. I'll be honest I was more then thrilled to see Brandon walk in the door and know I now had reinforcements. So today after reading a few blogs I decided I needed a little perspective change and have dubbed today my Thankful Day. Today no matter what happens I'm going to try and be thankful for it. When I'm ready to strangle one or both of my kids I'm going to try and take a step back and realize there are so many people out there that would give anything for the opportunity to just have children let alone experience things with them. When my kids make a mess rather then get so stressed about it and trying to clean it up, I may jump in there with them. If my husband has to work late instead of losing it because of all I need his help getting done I'll take a step back and be thankful that my husband has a job that keeps him busy and keeps the roof over our heads. Today the small space constantly over run with toys and clutter will not be so small and be the space that meets my family's needs to the fullest! Today no matter what may come my way I'm going to try and be positive and thankful about it while remembering all I truly have to be thankful for. Now to say a little prayer that I can make it five minutes without breaking this goal!

UPDATE: An hour and a half later and I'll take the highest bidder or give the next passing gypsy Brylie. Who thought lunch could go so bad! Guess we'll try another day!

3 comments:

Kat said...

I guess there must be a full moon and the stars alined because my kids are driving me crazy too. Sometimes as moms, we just need a break. Too bad those breaks don't come frequent enough. Best of luck, call me if you need to talk and vent.

Jodi said...

Hang in there - they turn into teenagers all to soon and you will long for these days! I find that we all need a change of scenery every once in a while, so it's off to McDonalds for ice cream! Try it - it's saved me more than once!

Blackham Family said...

We all have those days. Mine just seem to last weeks seems like months at times.