Sunday, December 7, 2008

Zoo Lights

This past Friday was membership night for Zoo Lights up at the zoo so Brandon and I decided to bundle up ourselves and kids and see our first Christmas Lights of the season. We were really happy our friends The Van Leeuwens wanted to join us. There were really no animals to see but plenty of lights had been put up around the zoo. I was happy the kids seemed to enjoy it, didn't mind the cold, and didn't resist any of the layers of clothes or blankets I wanted to put on them. (And yes Brandon is wearing a pink hat. He didn't bring his beenie and this was an extra one of mine that I had in the car. Being warm won over the horror of him being in pink.)
Of course popcorn, hot chocolate and cookies helped top off the night just right.

We had a fun time and it was a great test run for going to temple square.

1 comment:

Blackham Family said...

We have a big Zoo lights here in AZ and have yet to go. But we did make it to the temple lights, they were so beautiful. Maybe we will go and see the zoo lights. Again, your family is sooo cute. Looks a lot colder there than down here.