Thursday, October 23, 2008

Crafts

I'd like to say my lack of posts has been due to the mass amounts of showings we've had for the house. Unfortunately it isn't so (we've had a couple so cleaning has kept me a little busy). In reality I've realized how close Christmas is and all the baby gifts I need to get done in a short amount of time, so I've broken out my sewing machine and mod podge and gotten cracking on all the crafts I've been planning on doing for months. I'm proud to say I've made a dent, but I have a long ways to go. Here is some of what has been filling my time. My disclaimer is if you think you might be getting something from me in the near future/Christmas, you might want to view with caution.
This was for a good friend's baby. Yes I did have to deep clean the house after making this to get rid of the U vibe.
I also did some glass etching stuff and just a pointer for those that might want to give it a try to, don't use IKEA pans they don't etch. Now I just have to stay motivated to get the rest of the stuff done.

3 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

You've been busy! I have to say, we LOVE LOVE LOVE the Utah Blanket (and even more cause you made it - though it wouldn't surprise us at all if there's a piece of BYU fabric between the layers)!The canopy turned out awesome! We really need to start a once a month (or so) craft night - I have SO many projects I want to make!

shawna said...

kay, tell me about his canopy thingie. Looks totally cool! I assume it has velcro or something to attach it around the carseat handle? Do tell. Very cute!

Your kids are getting more and more beautiful!

Harward Happenings said...

I wish I had written down all the measurements for the canopy because now I'm going to have to figure it all out again the next time I make it. I do know I got 1 1/2 yards each of two coordinating fabrics. The canopy is two sided so you can reverse it if you want. I did use velcro on the straps that go around the carseat handle.