Friday, October 10, 2008

Honored

Since my dad doesn't toot his own horn, in fact very few people knew he had even received this honor, I'm going to take a minute and brag about my dad. This year my dad received the J. Reuben Clark Law School Honored Alumni Award from BYU. As part of this honor he was asked to give a lecture at the law school yesterday. Thanks to a willing babysitter/sister-in-law, I was able to attend his lecture and then the Alumni luncheon after it. I've always been amazed by my dad and so grateful his is my dad, but after listening to his lecture and hearing people talk with him and about him, I am truly honored to be his daughter! His lecture, or talk as he called it a couple of times, was great. I wish one of my sisters or I had recorded it. It was geared to the law students and law school but there were still messages I took away from it and honestly can apply to my life. I learned things about my dad I never knew before and am in awe of him and what he has accomplished. I am so very grateful I was able to be there yesterday.

And for my mom that unfortunately wasn't able to make it, here are some photos from the afternoon.
The lecture was great and the room was pretty full. The luncheon was fun and they even broke out the nice china for us. The food was good but at the same time you didn't miss much. The award presentations were fun and dad smiled nicely for the photographer. That was after I had given him a short briefing when he meet the university president with how photo ops worked. (His response, "I don't do these things." meaning photo ops). The award is really nice, so make sure he shows it to you before it ends up in his office.

6 comments:

The Ruff Family said...

way to go dad!!!!! He looks exactly the same. Tell him I said Congrats!!!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That's such a neat honor! I'm glad you were able to be there for his lecture.

Jodi said...

That is great! And how nice that you were able to be there with him. You do have a great dad...and mom! Congratulations to your dad!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

you've been tagged - check my blog

shawna said...

There is always so much I learn about your dad! He is awesome. Isn't it nice to get to the point in life when you can start bragging about your parents? In some small way we get to repay them for all they did for us!

Denise Dahl said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish we could have been there too.