Thursday, October 23, 2008

History Repeats Itself

Well we've done it again. You think after Brylie we would have learned a couple of things, but not so. After the fits we've had with Brylie over her blankets you think I'd not make them so important with my next child, but I think Beckam is actually worse about his blankets. I take full blame for my children's reliance on their blankies. Since a very, very young age I have wrapped them in their blankies, given them their blankies to snuggle with and so on. Brylie at least will take whatever blanket you throw at her, not Beckam. He only really uses two blankets and if we forget a blanket when we leave the house, watch out. I still think their attachment is so cute, but man it can be a pain sometimes.
And then there is the computer. Now obviously computers are pretty important to our family since Brandon makes his living by working on and with them. They at times have overrun our house. Even now we have a computer station upstairs and Brandon's computer area down in the garage. Brylie from about a year old took a really big interest in our computers and we had to fight to keep her away from them. Now I'm sure it's because she saw us using them all the time. Well I didn't want to have the same issue with Beckam, but low and behold we now have Beckam the computer monster who one upped his sister when she was this age by learning to turn on and off the monitor.
If no one is in front of the computer Beckam quickly climbs up on the chair and goes to town. If Brandon or I is in front of the computer then we'd better put Beckam on our lap so he can play. And he even managed to rename a couple of the folders on the desktop. Guess I'd better remember to close the door to the computer from now on.

No comments: