Saturday, August 23, 2008

Grandma's Wedding

Last night Brandon's cousin Cody and his adorable new bride Ashley had their wedding reception at Brandon's parent's house. When the time came to get ready for the reception I got a little dissension in the ranks from Brylie. She told me she was already dressed and didn't want to get changed. I didn't feel that a mismatched tee shirt and shorts would quite cut it, so I tried to explain that we needed to get dressed up to go to a wedding reception at grandma's house. Well Brylie's three year old ears heard wedding and she quickly perked up to put on her wedding dress and go to grandma's wedding.
When we got to the reception, Brylie quickly ran to play with cousins and then play with the bubbles. I was glad it was outside so Brylie could run around and not be disruptive. It was great to see Cody and Ashley again and so much other family. As we were heading back to the car Brylie commented on how much she had had fun at grandma's wedding and really liked the bubbles. And as she was going to sleep she asked if we were to going to grandma's wedding again tomorrow and if so she would wear her wedding dress. (With Brylie's memory going to grandma's house will bring up grandma's wedding for awhile and her brown with white polka dot dress will now be known as her wedding dress.) For my little girl who is getting more and more interested in getting married and weddings I would say the reception was a success and thanks for the extra bubbles she brought home.

No comments: