Other then our outings to the zoo, we've been pretty much been shut in for the last couple of weeks. The heat has been crazy and Beckam has had a bit of a cold (we think). With the end of summer approaching our ward planned the yearly bar-b-que for this last Saturday and we jumped on the chance to get out and hang out with some friends. Since our ward is pretty much made up of only our neighborhood, the bar-b-que was held in the common area that is just across the round about from us. It was great to not have to get the kids in car seats to attend a function. Brylie was excited to play with her friends from nursery and Beckam was just happy to have some open space to walk around.On Sunday Katharine (and Justin) invited the whole Harward clan to their house for Sunday dinner. I was thrilled with the invite but when we pulled up to their house we were greeted by a Happy Birthday sign for Beckam. It turned out that this dinner was also a celebration for Beckam's birthday.
The food was excellent! The kids had fun playing. The adults had fun talking. And we even got a picture of all the grandkids together, something that hadn't been accomplished in so long and no one was crying (miracles do happen!!!)
Thanks Katharine for hosting the get together, everyone for the food, and all for Beckam's presents. I married in to the best family!!! We had a great weekend.
















2 comments:
I found your blog again! I had it and then I didn't have you address anymore!
How are you? your kids are getting so big!
Beckam is seriously so so so cute. I love that last picture of him. I am soo sorry we missed you weekend before last. We came up to drop Josh off at BYU and visit Chuck's family. But it sounds like you guys were pretty busy too.
Give your kiddos hugs and kisses for me.
Post a Comment