Saturday, February 23, 2008

Winter, Winter, Go Away

I am now stating with certainty I am ready for winter to be over. I am done with this winter and would love to shove it out the door. My picket sign is raised high and hoping my chant for winter to go away will work. What has brought me to this little tirade? I have a sick kid yet again. This time Brylie has the flu with a croup cough. (I say cough because it isn't full blown croup since it's not in her lungs.) I didn't even know the doctor could test and see if what she had was flu, but I guess they do. She had her flu shot in October, but it didn't cover this strain of flu. I told Brandon I am ready to pack up and go to Las Vegas for the rest of winter in an attempt to not have the kids get sick anymore. I can handle the common cold or even a fever once in a while. But the full blown serious sicknesses that have seemed to plaque our house this year have now become to much. Winter needs to go away and take all of its sicknesses with it.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry - I have had my first grader home all week with the same fever/cough/flu. She is miserable! It looks like you will get your wish though - the weatherman said sunshine is on the way and it should hit upper 40's by this weekend! Hang in there!

Jenny Dahl said...

Amen! I feel the same. Tired of the cold and all the sickies in my house too. It's high time for some sunshine and swimming!

Renee said...

Ugh! I so agree with you. All my kids are sick right now with coughs and ear aches. Micah has a croupy cough that never goes away. Even though today was 85 the sickness is still lingering.