
(The tie Brylie made for Brandon)
One Sunday a year we come together to formally honor our dads and other "dad" figures who have touched our lives. Sometimes I feel dads may get a little over looked. I don't know if Father's Day feels as big as Mother's day. (Our ward dads didn't even get candy at church today.) So I am doing what I can to honor the main dads in my life and here is a big pat on the back to all the dads out there.First is my own dad. Here is a picture a month or so before he had his first Father's Day. (I'm the baby in the picture.)
He has been and continues to be an awesome dad. He grew up with five brothers, no sisters, and I'm the first girl/granddaughter on his side of the family. I don't know what was going through his head when he found out he had a daughter, but he's done a great job raising me. Growing up, he was busy with work and church, but he took time out for his family and he took time out to spend time just with me. (He did this with every kid, but my time is what mattered most, at least to me.) He helped coach my softball team, he came to volleyball games, and one of the things I remember most were our lunches. When school was out for the summer, my dad would take one kid at a time out for lunch. Just us and him. And he would go to whatever restaurant we wanted. I don't know how he isn't so sick of Olive Garden with all the times I made him go there. My dad isn't a man of words. He's a man of action and through his actions I know I matter to him and he's glad to be my dad. He is someone I can count on when the chips are down and to celebrate with me when the times are good.
Happy Father's Day DAD!!
Happy Father's Day DAD!!I have to say Happy Father's Day to my grandpa as well. He raised my dad and acted as a dad for me when I lived with him. He always has a listening ear and great council.
Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law, Jim. I've enjoyed being part of his family for over five years and am really appreciative that he raised such a great son. Jim is such a great person.
Last but certainly not least, Happy Father's Day to my awesome husband and greatest father to our kids.
I couldn't imagine going through the parenting experience without him. He makes everything with the kids so fun and they enjoy every minute with him. Brylie tries to keep him from going to work each morning and both kids are so happy when he gets home each night. He is the best. And hopefully we were able to show him how much he means to us. For Father's Day Brandon got a memory foam mattress pad (he eyes them each time we're at a store), a Brylie original tie, and some candy. To be honest, I think he enjoyed the tie the most and he proudly wore it to church today. I know that just added to how happy Brylie was about the tie. After church we went to Brandon's parent's house for dinner. It was nice to spend Father's Day with Brandon and Jim. The kids had fun and it was great to just hang out.
I hope all the other fathers out there had as fun a day as we did.







4 comments:
The tie is priceless! What a great fathers day gift! I will have to add my two cents about your dad and grandpa - both of them are great men and we are proud to be family!
LOVE the tie! It truly doesn't get any better than that! We had so much fun with you guys this weekend - we'll have to do it again soon (& so glad you guys made it out tonight - it was so fun to have you here).
Great Blog on Father's. We do have great Dad's and Grandpa's too!!!
Ok so sad i didn't sit next to you one time at bunko...that stinks. Better luck next tiem for me..your babies are getting so big
Post a Comment