I often think that if everyone could follow the example of children, in certain aspects of life, the world would be a better place. For example, how kids view their peers. Most of the young kids I know, say around 3 or under, view all other kids as friends. They can be complete strangers, but as soon as they encounter them, they are friends. Brylie does have some friends she can name, but if she doesn't know their name, she just calls them "my friend." She doesn't care where they are from, what they believe, or how they look. She just wants to play and be friends. She is concerned when other kids are crying and she doesn't know why. She is unjudgemental and wants to play with the kid who is off by themself and willingly approaches them. She constantly asks to go see or play with her friends and when she pretends she tells her friends to come on and play with her. Friend is a word she uses quite freely. I know that we need to have some caution with who we interact with, but there are definitely lessons to be learned from children. I know I don't use friend as freely as I should.Thursday, March 13, 2008
Friends
I often think that if everyone could follow the example of children, in certain aspects of life, the world would be a better place. For example, how kids view their peers. Most of the young kids I know, say around 3 or under, view all other kids as friends. They can be complete strangers, but as soon as they encounter them, they are friends. Brylie does have some friends she can name, but if she doesn't know their name, she just calls them "my friend." She doesn't care where they are from, what they believe, or how they look. She just wants to play and be friends. She is concerned when other kids are crying and she doesn't know why. She is unjudgemental and wants to play with the kid who is off by themself and willingly approaches them. She constantly asks to go see or play with her friends and when she pretends she tells her friends to come on and play with her. Friend is a word she uses quite freely. I know that we need to have some caution with who we interact with, but there are definitely lessons to be learned from children. I know I don't use friend as freely as I should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment