Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend


Easter weekend began with an early visit from the Easter Bunny. This was mainly due to needing the filled baskets for the ward Easter activity later on Saturday, but Brandon and I are still trying to figure out how the Easter Bunny will work in our house. I like having all "secular" Easter traditions on Saturday and leaving Sunday for the true reason for Easter and on top of that I didn't have the Easter Bunny growing up. My family just did a monstrous egg hunt, the Saturday before Easter, with more candy then I can describe and got new Easter church clothes. Brandon grew up with both the egg hunt on Saturday and the Easter Bunny visiting on Sunday. Oh the joys of figuring out our own family traditions. I'm just glad we have a few years before we need to stick to anything for sure. Getting back to the weekend, the kids really enjoyed their baskets. Brylie got her Easter puppy she had hoped for in the store and Beckam just played with whatever we put in front of him.
When Brylie woke up she seemed a little flushed but acting like herself so we thought everything would work how we had planned, picking up my sister to watch the kids while I went skydiving, going to the ward activity, leaving to go skydiving, getting back to take my sister home, and coloring Easter eggs. Well needless to say the only thing that happened as planned on that list was me going skydiving. Brylie got sick on the way back from picking up my sister. I thought that would scrap the skydiving plan, but my saint of a sister still wanted to watch the kids. I can't thank her enough for that. So there was no Easter egg hunt and no coloring eggs. (I'm still bound and determined to color eggs so hopefully we get to that tonight. )
Sunday morning Brylie seemed to be better so we got the kids dressed in their new Easter best and went off to church. After church I tried to get some pictures of the kids, but lets just say I hope I got an A for effort.


This is the first year, at least that I can remember, the Brandon's parents haven't been in town for Easter. We usually spend Easter afternoon/dinner at their house, so this year was the first year our little family was on their own for Easter dinner. I do have to say the Ham and funeral potatoes turned out very well and I think we've started another tradition. All in all we had a great Easter and are so grateful for the events (the atonement and resurrection) we remember at this time of year.

3 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

The kiddo's look so cute in their Easter clothes! Wait, your kids always look cute! Beckam is looking so grown up, I hardly recognized him!

Jodi said...

So cute! I know what you mean about finding your own traditions. It's a funny thing to work through - looks like Easter was great at your house! Cute kids!

Mandi said...

hi. my name is mandi. this is kind of random, but i was looking up Harward families because my maiden name is harward. anyway, I came across your page, I also saw under fun sites it says something vanleeuwen photography, or something, vanleeuwen is also a family name. so I got excited! anyway you have a beautiful family by the way! I just love finding other Harwards. :) even if we're not related! have a great day!