Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The BIG 3-0....and loving it?

Yes today I turned 30! That just sounds so much older then 29 and I'm relieved to report I don't feel any older. Until a few days ago I didn't think too much of turning thirty, but as it got closer it just seemed like such a big thing. This birthday has been a pretty good one. It started by Brandon not going into work as early, letting me sleep in a little, and making me breakfast in bed. I woke up to Brandon and Brylie singing Happy Birthday while delivering breakfast. The rest of the day was laid back and really lazy. I got nothing around the house done but I played a ton with Brylie and Beckam and watched 101 Dalmatians with Brylie while holding a sleeping Beckam. Brandon got home from work in time to take the kids to his parents house while we went to dinner at a nice restaurant with Randy and Viv. No jeans were allowed so I got to wear my nice adult clothes. It was a great dinner and so nice to be able to eat a meal without the kiddies. I am now less then an hour away from my birthday being over and I have to say, turning 30 wasn't as big as I thought it would be. But that won't keep me from marking this event. I told Brandon, and a lot of other people, I wanted to go skydiving for my 30th birthday. Well Brandon set it up and I will be jumping this Saturday. Wish me luck!! And thank you to everyone who has called, sent me a message, or wished me a Happy Birthday in person. You've helped make this day special.

5 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Last night was lots of fun! Hopefully you had a great birthday!

Deanne said...

Happy Birthday! 30 was not as scary for me as I thought it would be. I can't believe your jumping!!! I will be eagerly awaiting your post on that one!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a great day. Keep us posted on the skydiving - I can't wait to see pictures!

shawna said...

happy birthday!! you aren't allowed to get that old. . .that means I'm not too far from joining you! Aaagg! Sky diving sounds awesome. I heard the scariest part isn't the jumping or the free fall, but after you pull your shoot and you just have to float that high up in the air till you land! But tell me how it goes! Maybe you will have to go again with me in couple years!