Friday, November 9, 2007

Shut in

So for the past five days or so Beckam and I have been stuck in our house. It also explains why I've been a little out of it with posting. Beckam came down with a cough on Sunday afternoon. Because of his age and with the cough not going away or getting better I took him to the doctor on Monday. Well we came home with a diagnosis of Bronchiolitis and prescription for albuterol, the nebulizer showed up a few hours later. It was also great fun to hear from the doctor that half of the babies with this end up in the hospital and one in three will have asthma. To try and keep either of these from happening and to try and keep him comfortable, I've been giving Beckam albuterol treatments about ever four hours and doing a lot of Beckam holding. Lucky for Brylie Brandon's family lives fairly close by and Grandma Jill came to pick her up for a day of playing with cousins on Tuesday. Brylie has been a trooper and I have kept my sanity by running errands as soon as Brandon walks through the door the last couple of nights. Beckam does seem to be on the mend. Yesterday he seemed to have an appetite back and slept without me holding him for a good stretch during the afternoon. For those of you who wonder, we are getting almost the normal amount of sleep at night. I don't know how, but by some miracle Beckam has continued to sleep during the night. Now if I could just say that about Brylie.

No comments: