Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Year Anniversary
A year ago today I started my life as a full time stay at home mom. October 22, 2006 was my last day working full time in the corporate world. I was now going to be home all day everyday with my almost 18 month old daughter. It was something I had wanted since before she was born, but at the same time not sure how I would handle it. I had no idea how hard but rewarding it would be. Working full time holds nothing to being a stay at home mom. Reasoning with a two year old takes skills I never had to use with stressed out adults. At meals adults take whatever you hand them, not so with a two year old. At the same time, none of my work assignments held the joy watching my children learn/discover something new does. Nothing clears my ills like a smile from one of my children. My exhaustion is washed away when I hear "I love you Mommy," from Brylie or a smile and coo from Beckam. There are times when the ease of my old job may appeal to me, but at the same time I wouldn't trade what I am now for anything. Here is to every stay at home mom out there. We are a brave and blessed group!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to that. No job, no amount of money, nothing could make me want to give up being a stay at home mommy!
Post a Comment