Saturday was a full day at the park. There was plenty of food (and candy for the kids), people to talk to and kids to play with, football games, and of course a water fight (another reunion tradition). I had run to the store really quickly and returned to a water fight in full swing. Somehow Brandon stayed safe through the whole thing, I on the other hand was included by my cousin. Once your wet it's fair game so I got soaked after that and did my fair share of retaliating. When Brandon left to go play football I got him just so he wouldn't feel excluded (at least that's my reasoning). Brylie had to be convinced it was o.k. to get wet, but once she warmed up to the idea she only had one target, Brandon. He was a sport and let her throw water on him whenever she wanted. We just need to work on her sneaking up skills.
(The newest member of our extended family with her dad.)
After Brylie got out of her wet clothes she got Brandon to take her down to the river. When they got back we decided to take Beckam down but first he wanted to have some fun in the mud.
After dinner my dad did a little geneology activity and told the famous water balloons in Waterton story. There were also other stories shared and I once again realized what a great family I'm part of.
(Jack Dahl Family - And at least 17 people had left before this picture was taken.)
It was great seeing everyone again and we can't wait for Canada in 2011. See you there!
2 comments:
It's so fun to see us in the same photo! It was so great to see everyone, and to be reminded of our great heritage. Your dad's activity was awesome! It inspired me to start sharing the stories of our ancestors with my kids.
Ahhh, your blog is WAY too cute!! And your family is so stinkin adorable! =) So fun to catch up. =)
This is Kali (from High School, btw--Massey).
Post a Comment