In the spirit of getting the most for our money in these fun economic times, I've decided to dual purpose a recent purchase. I'd like to announce we now have a guest house that is ready for anyone who wants to visit.
It is really quite roomy with two separate rooms, great lighting, and electricity (courtesy of an extension cord). I know that it doesn't have a bathroom, but there is easy access to a half bath close to our back door. I do have to warn you that the sprinklers do come on at midnight and 1 am, but if you don't mind the sound of water pounding down on the walls and roof, then come on over whenever you want! We did a family practice run sleeping in our new tent and had a great time. (We lasted until 1am when the second set of sprinklers was just too much.) The kids were so excited and couldn't wait to get in the tent. Brandon was the master tent setter-upper and the kids "helped" whenever possible.
We topped off the night with popcorn and watching a movie on the laptop.
This was my kind of camping, I got to run into my house whenever I wanted and get whatever we may have needed. To bad we don't control the sprinklers otherwise we'd be camping in the backyard a lot more!!
3 comments:
So nice! That's my kind of camping too! maybe we'll all have to go out to do some "real" camping one of these days (but I promise we'll go somewhere with a shower & toilet - oh & likely to have electricity too, that's the only way I like to camp). I'm sure the kids loved their mini vacation in the backyard!
Looks like fun and definitely my idea of camping!
we have one like that...its awesome! reminds me, we need to get it back from a friend before we go camping in utah!
Post a Comment