We had a great Easter weekend this year. It started out Saturday morning with a visit from the Easter Bunny. Since the kids needed baskets for our ward Easter Egg hunt later that afternoon, I was very happy he was so thoughtful to come on Saturday. The kids enjoyed their little treats. Brylie got a new friend and Beckam got more cars (both were thrilled).
After quickly getting ready for the day we headed to our ward activity. I love that is was held about a 2 minute walk from our house. The weather didn't really want to cooperate so after the kids quickly gathered some eggs we headed home to warm up.
The rest of Saturday was pretty normal but the kids got a special treat after baths helping make cupcakes for Brandon's mom's birthday celebration the next day. (When we told Brylie we were going to grandma's to celebrate her birthday, Brylie quickly stated we needed to make her a birthday cake/cupcakes. I had her set on making a white cake and then she remembered grandma liked chocolate. It was quite the ordeal until I was able to find a chocolate cake mix in my stash and order was restored.)
Sunday was a great day. The weather was sunny and warm, big improvement from Saturday. We went to church and remembered what Easter is truly about.
After church we headed to Brandon's parents for an egg hunt and dinner. It was great spending time with family and the kids got to get rid of some energy playing with cousins.
I just wish I had taken some of our candy to pawn off on others. We're suffering from some major sugar highs right now.
2 comments:
What fun photos! The cake looks amazing, and your kids' easter clothes are darling. We have had similar sugar highs at our house!
love the easter outfits. very cute.
Post a Comment