Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bringing in the New Year - Sick Style

I would love to say that Brandon and I got a babysitter for the kids and hopped from party to party to bring in the New Year, especially after some of the "fun" we've had this year, but with one of us being sick (me) that just didn't happen. I've been experiencing the aches, pains, chills, and fatigue of the flu for the last few days and was in no mood to do anything for New Years. Luckily for my husband and kids, Brandon's brother and wife invited them over for some end of year celebrating. My so, so wonderful husband took both kids (I know he secretly wanted me to keep Beckam, but he didn't say anything) and I spent the night alone curled up in bed. The other party animals got home a little before nine and all of us were cozy in bed by 9:00pm New Year's Eve. I would have loved to send out 2008 with a bang, but some zzzz's were all it got. On to 2009 and may it be a good one!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope you are doing better soon...real soon! Being sick is the pits!

Annalisa said...

hope you fell better. we're spending today at home ill...happy new year!

The Ruff Family said...

hope you feel better soon. I have had this sinus infection for about three weeks got over that and now it looks like i have bronchitis. So fun fun fun... Have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!