This year for the 4th of July we decided to join in some of the festivities our local communities put on. I'm very thankful that the main festivities we thought the kids would enjoy didn't start until 6pm so we didn't have to be outside in the blazing heat of the day. After getting some stuff done around the house, running some errands, and Brylie taking a late nap, we headed off for the parade and other activities. After catching the tail end of the parade, we went and staked out our picnic/watching fireworks spot and took Brylie to have some fun on the bounce houses. After that we came back to our great spot, enjoyed our dinner and snacks and waited for the fireworks to start. This was the first year we'd kept Brylie up to watch the fireworks, and she really doesn't like loud noises, so I was kind of worried how she would react when they started. I was thrilled when she loved them and didn't mind the noise at all. She kept commenting on how big and colorful they were. Beckam on the other hand could have cared less. I thought he would be mesmerized by them, but all he wanted to do was crawl around. He didn't give the fireworks a second look. We had a great 4th of July.
(I need to add Brylie calls the things in her hair her cheerleaders. I guess they look like pom poms to her.)
I'm so grateful for this land we live in and all the freedoms I enjoy because of it. I can't wait to teach my children about this country we live in and how lucky they are to be part of it.





2 comments:
I love Brylie's hair in these pictures. Good luck on selling your townhouse!
So fun! Looks like you guys had a great 4th!
Post a Comment